Monday, May 2, 2011

Club, Life After College

So far I have really enjoyed the tryout experience. I try to go into every tryout like I have nothing to lose, and I recently got invited back past the first round of cuts to a co-ed team that I've had a great time playing with. I love playing with everyone on that team, and have come out of the two tryouts feeling amazing.

I can't wait to be just a player, again. I'm already starting to remember why I love ultimate so much. Playing for a good, competitive, and personally close team is what I always wanted. What I train for. What motivates me to throw on those cleats and get to running.

Even if I don't make this team, these few experiences tell me that I'm not done with ultimate. My college career may be over, but my ultimate career is just beginning. There's only getting better from here! However weird that seems to read, until this year, I considered ultimate something I do for fun and physical activity in college. It feels really good to come to the conclusion that it's something I want to do for a very long time after graduation, that it's a passion not tied to my university or an academic schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment