Friday, July 24, 2009

Busy Busy Busy!

Hello, devoted readers. I apologize for the lack of posts - this little girl has actually been doing too much work (well, sort of) to update! In fact, I spent most of yesterday working on a presentation that was shown to the heads of Marketing and Sales. That's right. I'm kind of a big deal. (Okay, not really, but it's fun to think so!). Today is Friday, ahhh, casual Friday! There is always a sort of almost tangible excitement in the air as everybody feels an almost frantic energy, looking forward to the weekend. I definitely think there is more typing going on today! The sound of keys clicking has pretty much become my definition of working rate; although, to be fair, the sound of my keys currently is not really work related, is it?
I'm really starting to get into the groove of work. I get my same coffee, I know my routine of parking in the same spot, going over to Starbucks to relax and read for lunch, etc. It's exciting! Corporate World, here I come! It's going to be interesting going back to school and having homework again; I'm really a fan of the no work after five thing.
So, I don't really have any experiences to share today. I'm afraid that I've had my run of awkwardness in the office. Maybe I should create an awkward moment just to see what happens. Like compliment my boss' makeup or something. Any ideas of such things I can do/say? Let me know!
Here's another question: when writing an email to your whole project team regarding a due date, is it inapporpriate to end the e-mail with "Go team!"? I'm not sure. It could be funny, or it could be immature. I personally think it would make the message more personable, maybe give people a little smile in these stressful times, but I've never worked in an office. Maybe I should send it out and see if anything awkward happens...

1 comment:

  1. The only person who should be saying "Go team!" is the lead or manager. Anyone else saying that is seen as an asskisser or one of those annoyingly cheerful people everyone hates. It's not your job to be the morale officer; your job is to get your work done as efficiently as possible.

    ReplyDelete