Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Just Another Manic Monday

Wow, yesterday was such a blur! It's so nice to finally have something consistent to be working on, but yesterday I had 3 meetings regarding the same project. It was great until the meeting that was at 5PM. Okay, I like what I do, but 5PM meetings are only good 'cause I get to sleep in (that way I work an 8 hour day, 9-6 or whatever). Except yesterday I came in around 9 to jump immediately into work that needed to be done by my meeting at 10. Stress! A huge part of this project is resting on my shoulders, and while formatting and doing minor changes are no big deal... well, let's just say there's a lot of formatting and minor changes to make. Every detail has to be perfect! I also met with someone who is going to publish the presentation and we're going to make it even more complicated by adding in interactive segments. That's cool, good for the people that are going to be viewing it, but not so cool for me. At least I have help, and he seems nice and approchable, which is good.
I have to say the most frustrating thing is waiting around for people to send stuff to me. Not that they're necessarily slow, but my job rests on their provisions. I'm like the master consolidator of this project; I'm pretty sure I'm the only one that knows what's going on with every aspect. It's really cool to be such a huge part of a really important task! But at the same time I wish I knew more about the content and was able to do some editing.
I also just found out that I accidentally deleted a lot of what I worked on yesterday and it is irrecoverable. FML.

No comments:

Post a Comment